Planet Fortune is a Play ‘N Go slot with 5 reels and 40 paylines – playable from 20p a spin on all devices, this game takes place in a retro-futuristic universe and benefits from symbols that stack up to 4 high. There’s a randomly triggered Magnetic Mayhem feature where up to 3 reels stick together to display 3×3 sized symbols. The main attraction is the Robot Revolution Free Spin feature where you’ll get 10 free spins with sticky walking wilds – they shift 1 reel to the left with free spin until they walk off the reels. This can lead to wins of up to 2,500 times your stake on each free spin.
Kicking off in January 2018 Play n Go brought Planet Fortune slot to the table. This is a really slick looking game, with lovely ‘retro-futuristic’ graphics like a sci-fi film from the 60s with a planet-scape all in warm oranges and characters with ray-guns and a tin-can robot.
It’s all a bit Buck Rogers, but in a good way. And ok, just check out the characters names – Astro Adam, and Extragalactic Eve! Yes, you read that right. These guys are out there seeking new planets and stars whilst you spin those reels to catch some wins.
It’s all good fun and in fact this game comes with some pretty nice features, although the high variance may make it hard to chase down those big wins.
In the base game it’s all about reels that stick together and form mega-sized symbols, as well as stacked symbols up to four high on a reel, whilst in the bonus round there is a weird little trick where sticky wilds move one reel to the left with each spin until they fall off the end.
It’s all good, quirky fun, and with a top payout of 2,500x it’s worth a crack. So, let’s find out a bit more about Planet Fortune.
SOME KEY FACTS ABOUT PLANET FORTUNE SLOT
- This is a 5 reel game with 40 fixed paylines, paying out where adjacent symbols match from left to right.
- There are nine basic symbols in the game. The low-paying ones are the card symbols from nine through to Ace, whilst the high paying ones are the two gems and our two headline characters, Adam and Eve! Adam will pay out a fairly decent 18.75x for five in a row.
- The higher value symbols will stack between 2 and 4 symbols high on any of the reels.
- There is also a Wild symbol (the robot) that substitutes for all others and pays out a massive 62.5x for five in a row. The wild also acts as the scatter.
- This is a high variance game with a relatively low RTP – 95.5% so don’t expect any favours coming your way! This will be a tough one to crack.
- You can play Planet Fortune from 20p up to £100 per spin.
Gameplay and Features
Planet Fortune is played on 5 reels, 4 symbol setup. There are 40 fixed paylines, which make for plenty of successful spins. The maximum bet is $€ 100 per spin. Players with smaller budgets need not worry.
You can also bet less: the minimum bet is only $€ 0.20 per spin.
The Planet Fortune payout rate is an excellent 96.5%, and we estimate variance to be medium. With an RTP of less than 97%, the slot doesn’t make it into our top 10 best paying slots, but it’s close enough.
Symbols and payouts
Right of the bat, all premium symbols are stacked.
These premium symbols consist of a tough-looking male astronaut with a slick laser gun, a stunning female astronaut in a tight outfit, and various minerals.
In the 1950s, gender equality was not on the agenda at all, so it’s not surprising the male astronaut pays out by far the most of all the premium symbols: 18.75 x the total bet. The female astronaut awards you 12.50 x the stake for five identical ones on a payline. Minerals yield between 5 x and 7.5 x the stake for a 5-of-a-kind.
The card symbols 10, J, Q, K and A (all designed with beautiful swooshing planets in the background) earn you between 1.25 and 2.50 x the bet.
There is also a wild symbol (the robot), which replaces all other symbols. Five wilds on an active payline will increase your balance by a more than decent 62.50 x your bet.